Being a President of a Club or Society is not only a great opportunity but also comes with great responsibility as you are expected to provide leadership and direction to your Executive and subsequent membership. As a Club or Society President or Vice President you are accountable and responsible to the Club or Society membership and to the USU through the C&S Program.
President Training is provided monthly during semester, please refer to Orion Online Portal for details or come and visit the C&S Office.
All Presidents should:
• provide leadership and governance considerations to activities of the Club or Society. Work with other members of the Executive to achieve the aims of the Executive in order to benefit the membership overall.
• read the C&S Handbook, C&S Regulations other Handbooks as applicable (such as the Revue Season Manual and Charitable Giving Handbook) available on Orion Online Portal or collect copies from the C&S Office.
• read and be familiar with the existing Club or Society Constitution.
• attend President Training held during semester to understand the role of being a President or Vice President and gain insight into the resources available.
• be a current cheque signatory to the Club or Society bank account. If you are not then visit the C&S Office for more advice.
• hold a Handover Meeting with the Outgoing President or Vice President to discuss the role and any the systems or outstanding issues introduced or encountered during the year/period as President.
• draft a Joint Event Agreements when holding a joint event with another club or this records the intentions, responsibilities, monetary income and expenditure commitments of all parties to the joint event arrangement. A List of Suggested Joint Event Agreement Content Items is on Orion Online Portal.
• present the President’s Report outlining the events of the year at the Club’s Annual General Meeting. Also preside over (chair) Ordinary Committee, Special and Annual General Meetings.