Unimates Annual General Meeting
Monday 14 May 2012
5pm - 9pm
Carslaw Lecture Room 452
Once again, we’re inviting you to Unimates AGM to recap another eventful year, vote in the new Committee and vote on changes to the Constitution!
Get an overview of the year from the events and treasury reports from the Unimates 2011/2012 Committee, as well as appreciation speeches to our members and guests.
Our events would not have been successful without your support and participation.
It’s time for Unimates Committee 2011/2012 to step down. Are you ready to be part of Unimates Committee 2012/2013?
It is definitely a very rewarding and amazing experience!
We are now accepting nominations for the following positions. For in-depth information of what is expected from each position, please take a look at the new Constitution attached. If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact our President, Zareth Lim, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The positions, with the approval of the below constitutional changes, are:
2. External Vice-President
3. Internal Vice-President
6. Public Relations Director
7. 2 Marketing Directors
8. IT Officer
9. 2 Student Welfare Officers
10. Cumberland Representative
11. International House Representative
12. 4 Event Coordinators
13. 2 Coffee and Cakes Coordinators
14. 3 Major Events Organizers
If you love meeting people from all over the world and you are keen on making Unimates the best, and most vibrant and multicultural society, and want International students to have better representation in Univeristy of Sydney, feel free to become part of the team! We welcome you with open arms.
To those who are interested in joining the new Committee, please send in a brief ‘Nomination Statement’ to email@example.com with the following details:
• Intended position(s)
• Reason for running/ any relevant experience
1) Only Society members with valid ACCESS Cards are eligible to run and vote in elections
2) An individual can nominate him/herself for more than one position (ie: if he/she is unsuccessful in securing election to a postition, they may nominate for subsequently elected positions of the executive).
3) Each member will be entitled to one vote per ballot.
4) All those attending should bring their ACCESS Cards.
Even if you cannot attend on the night you can stand by proxy (in this case, send us a brief 1 minute speech which will be read out from the chair). However, we will NOT be accepting proxy votes. In order to vote for a preferred candidate, you must attend the AGM.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are making amendments to our Constitution. As per Clubs and Societies regulations, the amendments will have to be voted upon. If you would like an extensive list of changes, please email us. Below is the brief list of Constitutional changes proposed:
1) Updates to the aims of the Unimates
2) Changes to memberships: Ordinary Membership ($2 per semester), Associate Membership ($4 per semester), Honorary Membership (only granted to Committee Members who are elected).
3) Renaming the Executive to the Committee.
4) Restructuring of the Committee, which consist of the Executive Committee and the Committee. The Committee is further divided into the two teams: The Publicity Team and the Events Management Team
5) Introduction of new positions: 1 Public Relations Director, 2 Marketing Directors, 1 IT Officer, 2 Student Welfare Officers, 1 Cumberland Representative, 1 International House Representative, and 1 President Emeritus/Emerita (immediate past president)
6) Removal of Publicity Officer, Design Officer and Events Committee Members from Constitution
7) Changing ‘Coffee and Cakes Officers’ to ‘Coffee and Cakes Coordinators’
8) Changing ‘Major Events Committee Members’ to ‘Major Events Organizers’ and addition of up to 3 Major Events Organizers.
9) Amendments to the entire Section 5: Duties of the Committee Members.
The above list is highlights the important amendments to the Constitution. Do take a look at the files attached and have your say when you come to for the AGM.
Note: Only Society members with valid ACCESS Cards can vote on constitutional changes.
Food and drinks will be provided at the AGM